Town of New Market Charter
An act to incorporate the Town of New Market was passed by the Maryland Legislature and signed by the governor on March 28, 1878. In the same year, Issac Russell was elected the Town's first Mayor. To view the reprint of the 1959 Edition of the Charter, click here
For the text of Ordinance 2015-03, please click here. This ordinance changed the zoning for the recently annexed Smith-Cline properties from RD to PDD.
The most requested Ordinances are listed below. For a complete listing of the Town Ordinance, please contact the Town Office at 301.865.5544.