Frederick County, Maryland’s Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Event: Saturday, September 30, 2017
NM Second Saturday: October 14
New Market’s Second Saturdays wrap up for the season on October 14 with our biggest event to date! Begin your morning at 10 am walking the Open Vendor Market on Main Street featuring over 15 vendors as well as New Market’s own Main Street businesses. At noon, visit Honeybee’s Food Truck, located at the Community Park for lunch.
Six bands will begin to play at the top of each hour beginning at 1 pm. Bands playing include:
The Crown Jewels ~ a tribute to Queen
Cosmic Energy ~ a tribute to Led Zeppelin
Sweet Little Liars ~ a tribute to Fleetwood Mac
Raised on Radio ~ a tribute to Journey
Undone ~ a tribute to Weezer
Five ZZ Pieces ~ a tribute to ZZ Top.
See you there!
New Market Bulk Trash Pick-up: October 21
Open House: Reviving NM’s Downtown, October 24
Please come listen, ask questions & give input at a meeting & open house discussion. Light refreshments will be available.
WHEN: October 24 from 7 pm to 9 pm
WHERE: New Market Grange, 14 South Alley
TOPIC: Strategies to revive our downtown New Market Business District and plan for the future
- What to do you want to see?
- What do we need to do to attract more customers & businesses & increase property values?
Your input is needed!
Invited speakers include:
- Mayor Winslow Burhans
- Executive Director Downtown Frederick Partnership Kara Norman
- New Market Partnership Representative Steve Pippen
- Frederick City real estate broker & Tourism Council Member Tony Chechia
- Town Planner Pat Faux.
Please RSVP your attendance to Maria Dalton, New Market Main Street Coordinator, at MariaTownofNewMarket@gmail.com
New Market Trick or Treat: October 31
Trick or Treat will be observed on Tuesday, October 31 from 6 pm to 8 pm. If you would like to participate please leave your porch light on.
NM District Volunteer Fire Company Fundraiser
Christmas In New Market: December 1 & 2
Christmas In New Market 2017 begins Friday, December 1, 7 pm, with New Market’s annual Christmas Tree lighting at the Community Park located on East Main Street.
Saturday, December 2, festivities will take place beginning at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Please check the Town’s FaceBook page for schedule updates.
- Christmas Parade: 10 am on Main Street. To join the parade, please visit the Village Potter’s website at thevillagepotter.net navigate to More, then New Market Events.
- Visit with Santa: 11 am until 4 pm at Town Hall, 39 West Main Street. Bring the children and your camera! Whisper in Santa’s ear what you want most for Christmas and snap a few photos. While there, enjoy a few snacks and pick up a Scavenger Hunt Map.
- Scavenger Hunt: 11 am to 4 pm, Town-wide. Each participating business will have a Christmas-related “treasure” hidden in their shop. Can you find it? Once you do, a sticker will be added to your walking map. End your hunt at The Village Potter and each child will win a free ornament crafting prize.
- Table Top Christmas Tree Auction: 11 am to 4 pm at Town Hall, 39 West Main Street. Stop by Town Hall and bid on your favorite tree! Interested in becoming a tree decorator or sponsors? Contact Briony Campbell at email@example.com. Cost to sponsor a tree is $25. Decorators decorate at their own expense – an excellent way to advertise your business!
Alateen Meetings: Weekly, Tuesdays
Alateen is a support group for young relatives of Alcoholics, ages 12 – 19, and part of Alanon. We meet weekly on Tuesdays from 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm at Grace Episcopal Church located at 5740 Green Valley Road, New Market in the church building. For additional information, please call 240-233-6237 or visit Alateen’s website here.
Abuse Treatment Facility for Adolescents in Frederick
The Youth Ranch, formerly the Maryland Sheriffs’ Youth Ranch, a nonprofit in Frederick, Maryland, opened our new facility on June 1, 2016. We are a Residential Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Facility for Adolescents ages 12-17. In the State of Maryland, there are very few facilities available to help adolescents with substance abuse issues.
We have a mind, body, spirit approach. Our program provides:
• 24 Hour Supervision, Residential Stay
• Intensive Outpatient Therapy from our Outside Provider, Crossroads Center of Frederick
• Individualized Treatment Plans
• Oversight of Schooling
• Life Skill Classes
• Recreational & Leisure Activities
• Team Building Activities
• Nutritional Classes
• 12 Step Program
• Mentoring Program
• Spiritual Program
• Group, Individual and Family Therapy
The Youth Ranch is located on 204 beautiful, rural acres in Frederick County, Maryland. We have a top-notch facility and 41 years of experience working with adolescents. Our model is new to the State of Maryland – combining a residential program with Intensive Outpatient Therapy – thus giving our clients 1 – 3 months longer to receive therapy before having to return to their homes. Our facility is private pay for the residential portion with insurance covering the Intensive Outpatient Therapy.
Please click here to see our latest brochure.
Interested in Volunteering?
We’re looking to develop a talent bank of volunteers that we can draw from when there are openings on the various boards or commissions. If you are interested, please stop our office for an volunteer application form or click here.
Frederick County Emergency Notification System
Frederick County has an emergency notification system. You may sign up for alerts on Severe Weather Alerts, Governmental Notices, General Announcements, and Law Enforcement Advisories. The service is free of charge. To register click here.