New Market Events Committee
The Events Committee’s Mission is responsible for planning and coordinating social activities such as movies, concerts, dances, coffeehouses, and novelty acts for the benefit of the town. The Events Committee also aids in creating a community spirit among the residents and visitors through the wide variety of the events offered. The Committee meets on the first Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at Town Hall and, we encourage and WELCOME fellow residents and visitors participation! If you have any questions, please feel free to email us!
2018 Events Calendar
All events are free to the public.
Planning for the 2018 season is underway. We invite all those interested in volunteering to join us at New Market Town Hall (39 West Main Street) on Monday, February 5 at 6 p.m. for our kick-off meeting.
June 9: New Market Founder’s Day
August 11: Community Appreciation Day
October 13: Harvest Festival
December 1: Christmas in New Market
For the most up-to-date information, please visit our website.
New Market Events Committee Members
- Jenifer Ojeda (Village Potter) – Committee Chair
- Ellen Przybocki (The Original Playhouse) – Committee Vice Chair
- Steven Pippin (New Market Civic Partnership) – Committee Vice Chair
- Briony Campbell – Treasurer
- Ilisa Oman (One World Family Travel) – Secretary
- Cindy Sweigard
- David Mott (Veterans Energy Supply Company)
- Dianne Pickersgill
- Jam Davy
- Jen Runkles (Express Marketing Design / Runkles Sign Service)
- Jessica Upchurch
- June Snowden
- Lindsey Hamilton (Vintage)
- Richard Stonebraker (New Market Grange)
- Rick Fleshman (Fleshman’s Antiques)
- Pastor Scott Clawson (New Market Methodist Church)
- Councilman Shane Rossman (New Market Town Council)
- Susan & Howard Wilson (New Market Plains Vineyard & Winery)
- Tim Kueberth (Edwards Jones)
- Tracie Manseau (Ghost Visions)
- Yancey Sanford (New Market Philanthropic Lodge 168)